- Senior Citizens meet in the Leroy Dorsey Senior Citizen center from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday - Friday, 109 Guess St, Kendleton, Texas, 77451, 979-531-8315, Manager: Ms. Etta Patterson. Call Fort Bend County Public Transit for transportation services at 866-751-TRIP (8747).
- You are invited to participate in the Community Prayer and Fellowship - Kendleton Church of God, Third
- Saturday of the Month from 9-11 a.m., 619 FM 2919, Kendleton, Texas 77451
- Fort Bend County Heritage Museum is open from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.on Wednesday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at 630 Charlie Roberts Lane, Kendleton, Texas 77451. Admission Free. Phone #979-531-8694. Please visit their website: http://fbcheritage.org/ that is also listed above.
- Free Tutorial Program: Tentative
- Kids are invited to join the 4-H Club - Tentative
- Thanksgiving Celebration: Community Luncheon, November 21, 2019, @11:30 a.m.-2:00p.m., location: Kendleton Church of God, Kendleton, Texas 77451
- Christmas Luncheon, December 19, 2019 at 11:30 a.m. - 2:00p.m., location: Kendleton Church of God, Kendleton, Texas 77451
- RIVER, LAKES, BAYS 'N BAYOUS TRASH BASH: Learn more @ RIVER, LAKES, BAYS 'N BAYOUS TRASH BASHRIVER, LAKES, BAYS 'N BAYOUS TRASH BASHRIVER, LAKES, BAYS 'N BAYOUS TRASH BASH: Learn more @ : Learn more @ www.TrashBash.org and a 30-second video PSA (Spanish and English) can be downloaded at https://h-gac.sharefile.com/d-s2b3c8cb34444c398
- JUNETEENTH CELEBRATION FOR CITY OF KENDLETON: JUNE 15, 2019? @ BATES ALLEN PARK 11:15 AM.
- JUNETEENTH CELEBRATION PARADE WILL BEGIN AT 10:00 AM
Kendleton is a city in Fort Bend County, Texas, United States. The population was 466 at the 2000 census. Kendleton was founded in the 1860's and incorporated into a city in 1973. A Post Office was opened in 1884. Kendleton is located between Turkey Creek and the San Bernard River on U.S. Highway 59, and was named by William E. Kendall who originally purchased the Fort Bend County tract of land as a plantation. During reconstruction he sold the land in small parcels to freed Negroes, and sold it for fifity cents per acre.
The community produced some notable citizens, one of whom was:
- Benjamin F. Williams; he was appointed the 1st Post Master for the City of Kendleton. A Post Office opened in Kendleton in 1884, shortly after Kendleton's founding. He was a capable Black Legislator who moved to Kendleton from Colorado County to make a new home.
- Willie Melton was an active member in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People(NAACP) and instrumental in helping blacks and other nationalities in Fort Bend County obtain the right to vote.
- Mr. Homer Pettit and Wife purchased the first school bus and donated it to the school.
Kendleton is known for its resiliance and ability to move forward. We will continue with the city-wide renovations and landscaping throughout the community.
LEROY DORSEY SENIOR CITIZEN BUILDING
For More Information Click on Link Below:
- FBC Heritage Unlimited Museum
King Kennedy Memorial RV Park now has internet service for our customers.
Double click here to add text.